[mythtv-users] 0.28 upgrade issue frontend connection

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 02:55:20 UTC 2016

On 17 July 2016 11:32:06 AM ACST, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net> wrote:
>$ mysql -uroot -prootpassword -e "select host,user from mysql.user"
>mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be
>insecure.
>+-----------+------------------+
>| host      | user             |
>+-----------+------------------+
>| %         | mythtv           |
>| localhost | debian-sys-maint |
>| localhost | mysql.sys        |
>| localhost | mythtv           |
>| localhost | root             |
>+-----------+------------------+
>
>Hmm. Is there a database called mysql?
>When I first ran the command steve green showed, I got an error about
>no database selected, so I used the command "USE
>mythconverg" I was assuming the user table would be in that database.
>
>Is my user table missing anything? If so, how do I add it?

Lets check the grants. Douglas run this command from terminal:

mysql -uroot -p -e "show grants for 'mythtv'@'%'"

Steve should run the following two commands:
mysql -uroot -p -e "show grants for 'mythtv'@'%'"
mysql -uroot -p -e "show grants for 'mythtv'@'192.168.1.2'"

Watch at the end for the single quotation mark ' character followed by double quotation mark character ".