[mythtv-users] MythBE1 Backend Failed

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 00:51:09 UTC 2016

Hi Roger!

> > It looks like this may be the problem
> >
> > 2016-07-15T19:54:53.773209Z 0 [ERROR] unknown variable
> 'table_cache=128'
> > 2016-07-15T19:54:53.773236Z 0 [ERROR] Aborting
> >
> > Edit the configuration file, normally here but could be somewhere
> else
> > /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.cnf
> > If there is a line "table_cache=128" then comment it.
> Or untick the box in Mythbuntu-Control-Center ?
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/599280#599280

Reading the posts (thanks for the link, BTW), it appears the check box
not to check is the one "Enable MySQL Performance Tweaks" as there is
reference to 'tweaks' and not optimization.  (OK, I'll admit this newbie
is over-analyzing things!).  Uncheck the 'tweaks' box, authenticate
(twice?).  No nastygrams on the screen!

Ummm... sudo systemctl start mysql.service   ...no nasties.

<deep breath>  mythfrontend    OK! Now at least get to the Frontend.
Error of "could not connect to master backend server -- IP addr in
mythtv-setup"

Myth backend setup ...OK, everything there, exit, asks to start the
Backend and Mythfilldatabase....

Ooo! I think that may have fixed it!!   THANKS!!    (And as much as I
hate to say it let's hope it stays up!)