[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Re: Latest TBS driver zip

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat Jul 16 09:02:42 UTC 2016

On 15/07/16 22:45, Another Sillyname wrote:
> You could always try the public domain version of the driver.
>
> https://github.com/ljalves/linux_media/wiki
>
> I've been using it for over a year now without issues.

In the past I've always used Gentoo so compiling my own custom kernel
was the norm but it can be time consuming keeping a Gentoo system up to
date  so for my new Myth box I thought I would give Mythbuntu a try.

I'm still on a steep leaning curve and not sure how you compile a custom
kernel for Ubuntu and didn't have the time to research it so I just went
with the TBS proprietary driver using the guide here
http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Configure-the-server/Install-Tuner.html
which was really quick and easy once I managed to get the download
completed.

Paul H.