[mythtv-users] MythBE1 Backend Faile

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:13:14 UTC 2016

Hi Bill!

> > barry at MythBE1:~$ systemctl restart mysql.service
> > Job for mysql.service failed because the control process exited with
> > error code. See "systemctl status mysql.service" and "journalctl
> -xe"
> > for details.
>
> Do (only) these 4 commands, to get the most recent cause
> of mysql failing to start:
>
>   sudo systemctl stop mysql.service
>   sudo
> mv /var/log/mysql/error.log /var/log/mysql/error.remove.me.later
>   sudo systemctl start mysql.service
>   sudo cat /var/log/mysql/error.log
>
> Since the lines from the last command are likely to
> be long (and get folded in email) copy/paste its
> output to pastebin.com and put the link to the
> paste here. Folks who know mysql may be able to
> spot the cause.

Y'mean I'm not supposed to be posting 500 lines of error.log?!  (And
sorry about that folks - realized after-the-fact I had posted a couple
of too-huge replies.  Frankly I had forgotten about PostBinIt at the
time.)

The Error log has been posted as
barry at Lenovo-M58:~$ pastebinit '/media/barry/ADATA UFD/MythBE1 -
15/error,log'
http://paste.ubuntu.com/19537423/

Hopefully someone can figure out what happened.  And thanks for your
reply and whomever helps figure out the problem.

Barry