[mythtv-users] Comcast SF Bay Area Raised Cablecard Fees

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jul 14 20:01:56 UTC 2016

On July 14, 2016 12:12:05 PM PDT, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:30 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>
>> No notice of any price increase. But the rep talked about a system
>change
>> that wouldn't allow whatever billing setup I previously had. So this
>might
>> not be a price change.
>
>Every so often Comcast runs various "audits" on their customer
>accounts and adjusts the accounts auto-magically if certain
>issues are discovered.  Watching the bill

Here's some info from Bob he ok'd me to forward to the list:

FYI, I’ve attached the CVCC Comments on the pending rulemaking.  Here is the FCC Docket for comments; best if you screen to see only “ex parte” letters to avoid the hundreds of thousands of pro and anti consumer letters that all have one of the canned pro or anti messages.  (I have the screen set up that way in the link above.)

You can find the February Notice of Proposed Rulemaking here (oldest item, A1).  Let me know of questions.  If anyone in your circle is inclined to weigh in, I could help with some tips on how not to get lost in the crowd.

I’ve passed along your suggestion that qualified personnel of members should participate in the mythtv group.