[mythtv-users] FrontEnd will connect if feels like it

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 16:20:08 UTC 2016

Hi Gary and Stephen!

<Gary wrote>

> > The solution is likely to be changing the settings in the file that
> > starts mythfrontend so that it waits until after IPv4 networking is
> > fully up.
> Summary of the issue:
> https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/
> As noted, any service which is going to start mythfrontend is
> going to have to have the appropriate stanzas in them.

Love the "cut the crap" section! <ROTFL>  Not to be rude but yeah, gimme
the answer to my problem!! <laff>

<Stephen suggested:>

> Barry: From my reading of that page, it looks like trying:
>   systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

Didn't seem to help at all  Tried five times (at Terminal
'mythfrontend') and kept going to the Language screen which generally
means no connection to the Backend.  On-screen logs show that
"SOAPClient" error to the IPv6 address  (and checked against my original
post -- is the same address).

As Gary stated, 'appropriate stanzas' are probably already
included.   ...Haha: just tried and it connected!  ...Will use that with
Roger's  PasteBin request.  (Oo - sorry, missed you in the original
reply.)