[mythtv-users] /mythweb/status not working since upgrade to MythTV 0.28

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 02:26:43 UTC 2016

On 7/5/16 9:44 PM, Will Dormann wrote:
> However, the first thing I noticed wrong is that when I access
> /mythweb/status with my web browser, I get:
>
>> Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/status/handler.php, line
>> 32: !!NoTrans:
>> file_get_contents(http://127.0.0.1:6544/Status/GetStatusHTML): failed
>> to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found !!

Just to answer my own question:

At some point I had disabled upnp via
/etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf
adding the "--noupnp" flag

I think I had done this after seeing reports that upnp can cause high
CPU usage.

It seems that starting with 0.28, mythweb/status requires upnp.
Removing the "--noupnp" flag fixed the problem for me.  mythweb/status
works as it did with 0.27 now.

-WD