[mythtv-users] LiveTV and Tuner Selection

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Mon Jul 4 21:08:26 UTC 2016

Recently did some updates, and ran into kind of a strange situation.

Setup: 2x HDPVRs, 1x HDHomeRun (dual tuner version). For the most part
this setup has worked well for me for the past couple years. Generally
track master, but only do updates every couple months (as my work
schedule allows).

Did an update yesterday, had a few issues between my HD-PVR's and the
new kernel (and a couple other usb devices, nothing new there). Rolled
the kernel updates back. Everything seemed to be working correctly...
until I noticed that during LiveTV, everytime I changed channels it
would switch from HD-PVR to the other. Tried scheduling a recording,
that worked fine, could enter LiveTV at the same time on the other
HD-PVR, but couldn't change channels to anything other then what the
other HD-PVR was recording, or a channel on the HDHomeRun.

I'm guessing the issue has something to do with the recent changes to
the ::IsInputAvailable() (when if the guide, it shows the channels on
the currently used input as un-available), but not sure how to troubleshoot.

Any suggestions?

Andrew.