[mythtv-users] Ubuntu-mate on Raspberry pi and mythtv library problems

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 3 14:18:28 UTC 2016

On 07/03/2016 01:18 AM, Bob Sully wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> Just wondering if any progress has been made on this - interestingly,
> it didn't happen to me until I upgraded to the latest version (0627) -
> in the earlier version, the frontend started up OK - maybe a bit
> laggy, but it came up.  Now - just the segfault as shown below.  I
> tried creating the symlinks as recommended in the previous posts, but
> that didn't change the result.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

There is a workaround, requiring creating some links and using
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
See the instructions on the download page
https://github.com/bennettpeter/mythtv/releases
If you are using the mythbuntu PPA the workaround should have been
automatically installed. If you did use mythbuntu PPA and this is not
the case, let us know so that the mythbuntu ppa can be fixed.
I have a fix in the works that will eliminate the need for the
workaround in a future release.

Peter