[mythtv-users] Input Group Question For Two Dual Tuners

Michael Papet mpapet at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 05:52:27 UTC 2016

This is probably a very old problem, but google isn't turning up anything useful that's recent.   I have the backend set up to record a few minutes early and a few minutes late for all recordings.   When two shows are scheduled to record back-to-back, the second show doesn't record despite having four Hauppauge tuners (2 dual pci-e tuners) and separate disks dedicated to recording shows.

I'm hoping that input groups will solve recording two shows back-to-back, but I can't figure them out.

I tried adding two new input groups and adding a tuner to each. The result was I couldn't watch TV or record and I could not undo the changes in the gui. I recreated the 0.28 backend, so currently there is no cruft from years of in place upgrades and no fancy settings/setup.  Four tuners are minimally configured.
Thanks in advance.