[mythtv-users] MythWeb redirection problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 30 05:44:32 UTC 2016

On 01/29/2016 03:27 PM, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
> Since some weeks I have an interesting problem with my MythWeb installation (MythWeb and MythTV 0.27.5 with fixes/0.27; Apache 2.4.10 with mod_php 5.6.1; DVB-T with EIT EPG).
>
> In MythWeb EPG (menu TV program) I see only listings for channels 1,3-14. Channels 2,15-40 have an empty EPG. In MythFrontend I see EPG from all channels (1-40).

This sounds like you have "shadow" channels--multiple copies of some
channels.  Therefore, when you display the guide, depending on whether
you get the proper (part of a Video Source which is connected to an
Input) channel or the shadow copy, you will either see guide data or not.

Look in the channel editor to see if you have multiples.  If you do,
your best bet for clearing them is the Delete all Video Sources
method... http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

However, if you want, you can try to delete the shadows only--and hope
that's the only misconfiguration in the Input Connections configuration
(which is why I prefer the "clear out all Input Connections settings and
set it up once, correctly" approach--it's easier to start clean and add
only good configuration than to try to find all the brokenness in a
known-broken configuration).

> After debugging a while, I found that each channel has a detail view (e.g. http://localhost/mythweb/tv/channel/1001/1454098500 for channel 1). Channel links for channels 1, 2-14 show the EPG for the specific channel. But channels 15-40 redirect back to http://localhost/mythweb/tv/list.

I'd guess this would be the behavior you'd get with the above
misconfiguration--when there's nothing for the detail, it just sends you
back to the list.

Mike