[mythtv-users] NASA HLS feed gone/down?

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 17:13:08 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tried to tune into the NASA HLS feed in JYA's playlist last night and it
> appears to be gone. My other two HLS channels Twitter and France 24 tuned
> just fine. Anyone else seeing this?

Okay, digging around, the feed appears to have moved to
http://nasatv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/NASA_101@319270/master.m3u8

If I do a 'mythavtest
http://nasatv-lh.akamaihd.net/i/NASA_101@319270/master.m3u8'  the stream
pops up in less than six seconds. If I try to watch it via Live TV it gets
as far as TL in the TLAM and even after a minute the feed never runs.
Setting it up as a recording with the HLS record fails as well.

Any idea why Myth can play it with mythavtest but not with the HLS
recorder? Again, TwitTV and France24 record just fine.