[mythtv-users] Can't record analog from Hauppauge 2255

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Fri Jan 29 16:41:24 UTC 2016

On 29/01/16 14:26, David Parker wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm setting up a new MythTV box using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2255 as the
> tuner.  I know support for the card is sketchy right now, but I did
> manage to get it all working (with the exception of the IR receiver,
> still no support for that).  The card appears in dmesg as follows:

[snip]
> TVRecEvent recorders/v4lchannel.cpp:558 (SetInputAndFormat) -
> V4LChannel[1](/dev/video0): SetInputAndFormat(1, NTSC) (v4l v2)
> input_switch: 0 mode_switch: 1
> TVRecEvent recorders/v4lchannel.cpp:598 (SetInputAndFormat) -
> V4LChannel[1](/dev/video0): SetInputAndFormat(1, NTSC)
>                         while setting format (v4l v2)
>                         eno: Invalid argument (22)

So this happens when the driver (correctly) advertises support
for streaming modes via the v4l2 api, and mythtv (incorrectly)
tries to stop streaming, when it's not even setup to do so.

It'll require a patch (hack) to the mythtv sources to get
around this.

See
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12522
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12336 <- latest patch

we need to identify the correct driver name string for your
hardware, and it should all spring to life....

What does the following report for your system???

# v4l2-ctl --all -d /dev/video0
# v4l2-ctl --all -d /dev/video1

Regards
Stuart