[mythtv-users] F.C.C. Proposes Changes in Cable Set-Top Box Market

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Thu Jan 28 21:13:47 UTC 2016

On 2016-01-28 1:31 PM, jedi wrote:
> I already cut the cord. Primarily the wife dislikes the idea of us helping to subsidize dreck like Duck Dynasty. Although I was getting tired of dealing with the HD-PVRs.

yea, I'm on "antenna" only access.... I don't get or care about basic cable for similar reasons like you've mentioned.

I still have my pcHDTV5500's (2 of them) - but took them out of svr and switched to my HDHR-Prime-CC3 which doesn't do ATSC (to my knowledge).

(anyone who wants to let me know otherwise) -- but for the cost of the ATSC HDHR, I'm fine with doing that too.

(the pcHDTV5500s are nice -- but finding motherboards with PCI is getting harder and harder. )

  -Ben