[mythtv-users] phantom scheduling

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 28 12:40:11 UTC 2016

On 01/28/2016 07:33 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> Curiously, the wiki seems to says call sign and channel number should
> be the same, which seemed too risky for my set up.

There's absolutely no risk.

> Call sign alone resolved the conflict, gratzie!

Same call sign = same channel for the purposes of "this channel"
recording rules ("I don't care which of the channels is used for
recording shows")

Same channel number = same channel for the purposes of Live TV ("I don't
care which of the channels is tuned when I type that number in during
Live TV")

Same call sign and same channel number = same channel for scheduling and
Live TV and condensed to a single row in the guide ("I don't care which
channel is used for recording or Live TV *and* only want to see it once
on my guide")

So, you can have call sign and channel number different or the same,
depending on how you want it treated.

Mike