[mythtv-users] mythconverg/program is marked as crashed

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 01:56:45 UTC 2016

On 25 January 2016 at 05:37, David L <idht4n at gmail.com> wrote:
> mythfilldatabase stopped working for me about a month ago.  I get errors
> like this:
> 016-01-24 21:18:01.068920 E  Error preparing query: DELETE FROM program
> WHERE starttime >= :FROM AND starttime < :TO AND chanid = :CHANID ;
> 2016-01-24 21:18:01.068931 E  Driver error was [2/144]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to prepare statement
> Database error was:
> Table './mythconverg/program' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?)
> repair failed
>
> 2016-01-24 21:18:01.069814 E  Error preparing query: DELETE FROM program
> WHERE starttime >= :FROM AND starttime < :TO AND chanid = :CHANID ;
>
> I googled a bit and found some people that had similar problems.  I tried
> this recommended solution:
>
> mysqlcheck -r -umythtv -pxxxxxxxx mythconverg
>
> But that also gave me an error:
>
> mythconverg.program
> error    : Can't create new tempfile: './mythconverg/program.TMD'
> status   : Operation failed
>
> I have enough disk space, so that's not the problem.  I also found people
> with similar problems but didn't quite follow the solutions.  Any help would
> be appreciated.

David,

An alternative strategy is to use myisamchk from the command line with
mysqld stopped (which may or may not help).

i) Shutdown mysqld (and any programs using MySQL)

ii) Change to the mythconverg DB directory
(/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg). It's always a good idea to take a backup
of the files if you haven't already.

iii) To get a very detailed description of the program table's state, run

$ myisamchk -dvv program.MYI

ii) To attempt recovery (and take a backup) of the program table

$ myisamchk --tmpdir=/var/lib/mysql/mythconverg --recover --force
--backup program.MYI

(I've pointed --tmpdir to the mythconverg dir, but you could point it
to any other dir with a lot of free space and the same
ownership/permissions (tempfile creation errors aside...))

Cheers,
Nick