[mythtv-users] Beta of MiniMyth2 RPI2 edition

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 21:33:03 UTC 2016

On 27/01/16 21:07, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 01/27/2016 03:27 PM, Piotr Oniszczuk wrote:
>> If anybody wants to try, procedure is following:
>>
>> <deleted>
>> BTW: MiniMyth2-rpi2-latest.tar.bz2 resides on my home server (with 120/12 Inet access) - so expect slow downloads.
>> If anybody knows free hosting space for HTTP downloads - pls advice!
> This looks very interesting. I have been trying unsuccessfully to build
> the raspberry Pi 2 version using Lawrence Rust's instructions but I am
> failing in the QT5 build with "Project ERROR: x11 development package
> not found". Do you have any idea what that is?
>
> Is your build for 0.27 or 0.28? I am trying to build the 0.28 version.
>
> For http download, one useful, free and very fast method is to use
> dropbox. Install dropbox for Linux and put the file in the dropbox
> folder. Using the dropbox web site, you can share the file or files and
> get a http url, then anybody with the URL can download very fast from
> the Dropbox site.
>

> Peter

The build issue of X11 project not found, maybe solved by getting the
latest mythbuild.sh script (there have been some recent changes which
fixed it on my system - Ubuntu 15.10). But  I also had to install some
dependencies (not all are required - but I did not have time to work out
which ones were strictly necessary, its mostly perl and python but
atleast one other) on the Host system to build mythtv 0.28 i.e.

sudo apt-get install uuid-dev libfreetype6-dev libmp3lame-dev libxv-dev
libxxf86vm-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxml2-dev
libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev libexiv2-dev libasound2-dev
libegl1-mesa-dev libva-dev libvdpau-dev python-mysqldb python-lxml
python-urlgrabber python-oauth libdbi-perl libdbd-mysql-perl
libnet-upnp-perl libwww-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl libdate-manip-perl
libxml-simple-perl libxml-xpath-perl libimage-size-perl
libdatetime-format-iso8601-perl libsoap-lite-perl libjson-perl
libvorbis-dev libflac-dev libflac++-dev libtag1-dev libcdio-dev
libcdio-paranoia-dev libmysqlclient-dev

I do have some concerns about needing to install all these dependencies
on the Host system (to my mind it means the build script is not really
picking everything up from the Debian repos, Wheezy or Jessie). Having
said all this mythfrontend does run quite well on my RPi2 Debian Jessie,
albeit only using xcb, eglfs seg faults on startup (which is the same
problem I had with the earlier pre-built images from Lawrence).

Mike