[mythtv-users] phantom scheduling

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 27 17:50:33 UTC 2016

On 01/27/2016 12:21 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> On Jan 27, 2016 11:59 AM, "Daryl McDonald" wrote:
> >
> > Greetings Mythizens, I use cable and FTA sources to record from,
> recently I'm noticing duplicate upcoming recordings for a single
> recording rule, one on FTA (preferred, four tuners) and one on cable,
> that has caused conflicts, but never really records. (one event shows
> up in watch recordings, and two in upcoming recordings which occupies
> single cable tuner)This occurs on overlapping channels with different
> xmlid's. It appeared to do the right thing when I used the used the
> "only one recording" and "this channel" switches but a couple days
> later the phantom and conflict returned. Has anyone ever experienced
> this, or know a workaround?
> > 14.04 Ubuntu desktop with Myth.27 fixes Steppes wide.
> >
> > Daryl
>
> Could it be, because they have different xmlid's ( network station vs
> network affiliate ie. ABC / WXYZ Detroit) and generic descriptions,
> that Myth sees them as both viable events? So using coincident xmlid's
> would solve?

No, it happens because you have different call signs for the 2
channels.  You may continue to leave them that way and things will
continue as they are, or if the channels have "predominantly identical"
content on them (i.e. the same show airs at the same time on both
channels), then you can set them both to the same call sign so that
they're seen as the same channel (in which case, MythTV will only
schedule for recording on one).  It would preclude your need to use
"this channel" rules because when 2 channels have the same call sign,
they are considered the exact same channel.

Mike