[mythtv-users] forget old recordings and re-record

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 09:51:29 UTC 2016

Greg <gregl at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> I would like to forget a tv series and re-record it.. I have done it before, but I can't seem to remember how.. A search of google list a few users saying it can be done in mythweb,but that option seems to be missing..

From memory ...
In frontend, TV, Previously Recorded, find any episode and (IIRC) press Enter (or whatever you've mapped to that) to get a menu where you have the option to "Forget all episodes".
This removes the "previously recorded" record from the DB, so there's nothing to match again and everything will get re-recorded if you still have an active rules for it.

If you still have non-deloeted episodes, then (again from memory) ...
In TV, Manage Recordings (or Watch Recordings I think), highlight the series but don't right arrow to the episodes list. Press Menu twice (or it might be press Enter) and there's an option to add all the episodes to the playlist. Once there's something in the playlist there's an option to delete the playlist and the episodes will all be deleted - or you can just delete them one by one if there aren't many.