[mythtv-users] Fanless video card for 1080p?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 19:52:44 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> .....  D would get me 4K decoding it
> seems but I'm not worried about that right now.

Every variant of features has reportedly "improved" some
small part of the decoding capabilities/quality/artifacts,
but nvidia has been loath to document the specifics
of those decoding improvement other than the big picture
feature additions (probably because someone will start
suing them for shipping them a "defective" previous
gen product, and want a free upgrade), although I
do recall Feature set E did mention better error
handling.  I recall someone on this list (someone in
the professional broadcast field?) said something about
noticing slight variance in his collection of various GPUs
and feature sets that was used for testing (probably
with some of those $20K studio monitors that are
no doubt gorgeous to look at).

And, in any case, I hear 8K is the next big thing,
4K is so last year (which is why you are getting a
deal on that 1080 set).  I am sure there will be a
feature set G (or H) that you will want with that
new 8K set in 5-10 years.