[mythtv-users] Fanless video card for 1080p?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 15:12:41 UTC 2016

Restarting a thread from last July...

I'm finally looking at getting a new TV, a 1080p Vizio, to take advantage
of the 4K TV's pushing the price down on the 1080p models.

The one I'm looking at doesn't have VGA input like my old 32" Vizio so I
need to upgrade my video card, a 8400GS which has done quite well for my
needs for several years.

You can actually get those with HDMI now but I'm not sure how well it would
perform so instead I'm looking at a GT730, but the current ones with 384
CUDA cores has DDR3 memory instead of GDDR5. Does that actually matter for
VDPAU?

Here's the card I'm looking at:

http://amzn.com/B00NN97MMY

Thanks,