[mythtv-users] re-introducing old recordings to a new setup

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Sun Jan 24 00:42:31 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-01-23 at 14:42 -0700, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> Before I migrated from 0.21 to 0.27 I saved a few recordings off to
> the side by copying and renaming them, still keeping the .mpg
> extension - I did no transcoding. They were movies that I had edited
> to down to scenes with a car or cars I'm interested in.
>

> How can I re-introduced those recordings to my setup now? Ideally I'd
> like to have a show name like "My Shows" and keep them with my other
> recordings as episodes. I don't use MythVideo so I'd prefer to avoid
> using that and keep everything visible in Watch Recordings.
>

> Could that be possible?

Too late now but mytharchive (to a file) is an excellent & overlooked
feature that allows you to export/import recordings into anyone's mythtv
recording dB.

There are old scripts that attempt to create the necessary dB table
entries (to import as recording). I can't locate one right now.

Could use the import recorder: set it to record from dummy file &
symlink this to real file. Tedious but workable.