[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:03:57 UTC 2016

Hoi Michael,

> On 01/21/2016 06:26 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Michael,
>>
>> Thursday, January 21, 2016, 7:36:15 AM, you wrote:

>>> And what do you get when you send a GetSetting for a boolean setting
>>> whose data is false (opposite of pc-Myth's WatchTVGuide data)?  And for
>>> ones that have, for example, a string type (such as Theme)?
>> If I query the full list I see AlwaysOnTop = 0
>> If I do: <backend>:6544/Myth/GetSetting?HostName=pc-Hika&Key=AlwaysOnTop
>>
>> <SettingList version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
>>     <HostName>pc-Hika</HostName>
>>     <Settings>
>>        <String>
>>           <Key>AlwaysOnTop</Key>
>>           <Value/>
>>        </String>
>>     </Settings>
>> </SettingList>
>>
>> If I query the full list I see AudioOutputDevice = ALSA:pulse
>> If I do: <backend>:6544/Myth/GetSetting?HostName=pc-Hika&Key=AudioOutputDevice
>>
>> <SettingList version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
>>     <HostName>pc-Hika</HostName>
>>     <Settings>
>>        <String>
>>           <Key>AudioOutputDevice</Key>
>>           <Value/>
>>        </String>
>>     </Settings>
>> </SettingList>
>>
>> Etc., Etc

> Ah, then it's almost definitely that pc-Hika is not your HostName. Check
> your config.xml (the one being used by the backend, as reported in the
> backend log in the line "Using configuration directory = ..." to see if
> it's using something else.  It may be something like
> pc-Hika.<domainname> or--my guess--if it seems right (either not
> specified by LocalHostName override in config.xml or is specified as
> pc-Hika), try using the all lowercase pc-hika.

> You/your script can use http:<hostname>:6544/Myth/GetHosts to see what
> host identifiers are in the database to find the one most like what you
> expect.  I'm not sure if you can say that it should always be the
> all-lowercase version--I'd guess that it won't always be all lowercase.

> As for the case sensitivity, see
> https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12320 .

> Mike

Ah you're right they are lowercase in the database. I'm so used that
hostnames are case-insensitive and I always use the form with
mnemonic capitals!
config.xml has no hostname set on any machine. I have a very stable
DNS, which also has the strings with the mnemonic capitals, so MythTV
must have automatically reverted the dns names to lowercase!

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop