[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 11:57:30 UTC 2016

Hoi Michael,

> On 01/20/2016 10:33 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> OK I looked further. The settings must be requested from the backend:
>> <backend>:6544/Myth/GetSetting?HostName=<frontend>
>> gives me whole list of settings and their values. Among them:
>> 'WatchTVGuide' with a value of 1.
>>
>> According to the wiki I could directly request the one value with:
>> <backend>:6544/Myth/GetSetting?HostName=<frontend>&Key=WatchTVGuide
>> but no luck, it returns no value:
>>
>> <SettingList version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
>>     <HostName>pc-Myth</HostName>
>>     <Settings>
>>        <String>
>>           <Key>WatchTVGuide</Key>
>>           <Value/>
>>        </String>
>>     </Settings>
>> </SettingList>

> And what do you get when you send a GetSetting for a boolean setting
> whose data is false (opposite of pc-Myth's WatchTVGuide data)?  And for
> ones that have, for example, a string type (such as Theme)?

> Mike

To summarize: It does not seem to recognize any Key value, but does
recognize the word Key. It does recognize HostName and Default values.

Any idea, as this would suggest I also will not be able to change any
value.

Oh and the backend version is 0.27.5_p20150627 from Gentoo. And now
I'm surprised as not to long ago I ran a general update as I do at
least every other month and it seems to have mist quite some????
The frontends are on the latest: 0.27.5_p20151025 from Gentoo.

I'll do an update later today and see what that does.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop