[mythtv-users] Unable to make recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 21 11:31:02 UTC 2016

On 01/21/2016 03:07 AM, Forum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> last week, I was unable to make recordings due to a full HDD.
> But after deleting recordings on frontend menu, MythTV is now still
> unable to make recordings. The recordings-menu on frontend shows just
> a greyed item. HDD has enough space now.
>
> Could you help me to identify why recordings are not possible?

Did you "finish" deleting the recordings?  Go into Watch Recordings and
use MENU to Change Group View, then select Deleted, then MENU|Add This
Group to Playlist, then MENU|Playlist Options|Delete , and MythTV will
remove the recordings from the disk.  Once that's done there should be
room to record.  If it still doesn't allow you to record (or if there's
nothing in the Deleted recording group for you to delete), we can look
at other things (like checking your database for crashed tables with
optimize_mythdb.pl).

Mike