[mythtv-users] using mythtv as clockradio

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 20 18:58:43 UTC 2016

On 01/20/2016 01:11 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 7:13:35 PM, you wrote:

>>> This action list would be the same keycodes you use for seting up a
>>> remote?
>>>
>> More or less.  if you do  http://10.0.0.231:6547/Frontend/GetActionList
>> in a browser you can see the list of valid commands.
>> <Action>
>> <Key>Live TV</Key>
>> <Value>Live TV</Value>
>> </Action>
>> <Action>
>> <Key>SELECT</Key>
>> <Value>Select</Value>
>> </Action>
>> And the number keys
>> Then you have wget or curl post the commands in order to start live tv,
>> punch in the channel you want, and press enter.
> I'll write a small python script and when it works I'll post it!

Note that when you use SendAction, they're Actions, not keys.  So Left
doesn't mean "do what you do when I press the Left button on my remote."

See:
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11916

especially comment:2

Perhaps Bill Meek might be able to get that patch in place before 0.28
is released so your script could use keys...

Mike