[mythtv-users] Suitable laptop/notebook with nVidia out via HDMI?

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed Jan 20 05:12:26 UTC 2016

On 01/19/2016 05:55 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Dick,
>

>> Has anyone tried using a laptop as a MythTV front end and back end machine?
> Have you thought about it that the only possible way to add
> datastorage is usb!? Not by far optimal even usb3. Frontend should be
> OK, but backend...

My current setup has a 320 GB drive, which has always been plenty for
me. I'm assuming I'd end up with a 500 GB drive or maybe a 1TB drive. My
use case involves watching and deleting, with only a very few programs
kept for long term, so I'm not concerned about data storage. I can see
where that could be a problem for folks who tend to keep programs around
for a long time.

Thanks for the comment.

--
Regards,