[mythtv-users] getting a recording's Storage Directory

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Sun Jan 17 22:51:04 UTC 2016

[0.27.4, Fedora 22]

Since I now use Storage Groups to let Myth distribute recordings across my two disks I was curious about how my current pool of recordings was distributed.

I've been working on a Perl script that mostly uses the API to get data to make an html report with some stats and bar charts.

What I haven't been able to find is any way through the API to determine which Storage Directory (in the Default Storage Group) a recording landed in. I can get which SDs are defined, but no way to tie a recording to an SD, leaving me using `ls` for each SD. This means the script has to run on the backend, which is fine, but limiting.

Anything in the API to do this that I've missed in the wiki?

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca