[mythtv-users] User Job fails.

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Sun Jan 17 21:57:59 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 09:39:33PM -0500, A. F. Cano wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 02:05:32PM +1030, Mark Perkins wrote:
> >

> > [ lots of useful stuff excised for brevity ]
> >
> > If you want to respect MythTV options like "keep the original file" you
> > would need to use mythtranscode via the inbuilt transcoding function,
> > otherwise you would need to write your script to query the setting from
> > MythTV and respond accordingly.
>
> As I pointed out elsewhere in this thread, I tried the "transcode low"
> function quite a while back.  In fact it seemed the logical thing to do,

Ok, I tried that again with the current setup.  Menu->Job Options->
Begin Transcoding->Low Quality.  When the backend gets around to it I
get this:

E Unable to find 1021_20160117153000.mpg.tmp in HandleDeleteFile()
I JobQueue: Transcode Errored: "Face the Nation": Low Quality (exit
                              status 255, job status was "Errored")

Strange.  What could cause this? This is a standard menu entry.
Any ideas out there?