[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 15 12:05:04 UTC 2016

On 01/15/2016 06:41 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> Tables used here are:  record (442 rows), program (137549 rows), channel
>> (821 rows) and recordmatch (2459 rows).
> Looking at 'program':
>
> mysql> select count(*) from program where starttime>now();
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |    40234 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.03 sec)
>
> mysql> select count(*) from program where starttime<now();
> +----------+
> | count(*) |
> +----------+
> |    89180 |
> +----------+
> 1 row in set (0.06 sec)
>

> Does that make sense?

Probably.  We keep program information for 10 days after airing, to
allow for diagnosis of missed recordings.  I'm guessing you get
somewhere less than 10 days of guide data from EIT or something?

Check:

SELECT MIN(starttime), MAX(starttime) FROM program;

You could also do something like:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM program WHERE starttime < SUBDATE(now(), 10);

which should be very small (might be > 0, depending on specific time the
housekeeper ran program listings cleanup) and

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM program WHERE starttime < SUBDATE(now(), 11);

should be zero, assuming the housekeeper ran yesterday.

and you can do:

SELECT DATEDIFF(starttime, NOW()) AS age,
    COUNT(DATEDIFF(starttime, NOW())) AS programs
    FROM program GROUP BY age;

to see how your programs are distributed--where negative values are old
data and positive are future data.

Mike