[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Fri Jan 15 09:57:19 UTC 2016

Per Jessen wrote:

> Roger Siddons wrote:
>
>> The debug logging will show where the time is being spent.
>>
>> Turn it on:
>>
>> $ mythbackend --setverbose schedule
>> $ mythbackend --setloglevel debug
>>
>> then schedule something.
>
> Thanks Roger,  I'll try that.

Okay, that was very useful!

AFAICT, it's the "Reschedule requested" that prolongs the scheduling.
Each such message leads to 78 queries, of which 76 are my power
searches, followed by these two:

Query 76: /record.search = :NRST AND program.manualid = 0 AND
program.title = record.title
Query 77: /record.search = :NRST AND program.manualid = 0 AND
program.seriesid <> '' AND program.seriesid = record.seriesid

query#77 appears to take quite long, typically about 100seconds.

This is a log extract showing how many "Reschedule requested" lead to
longer totals:
http://files.jessen.ch/mythtv-scheduler-extract-1.txt

Compare to the same extract for October 2015 when things were normal:
http://files.jessen.ch/mythtv-scheduler-extract-2.txt

I'm not sure if the description of query#77 above is correct - when I
check in mysql, I see this bit of lengthy SQL:

REPLACE INTO recordmatch (recordid, chanid, starttime, manualid)
SELECT record.recordid, program.chanid, program.starttime,  IF(search =
5, record.recordid, 0) FROM (record, program INNER JOIN channel ...
[snip - sql gobble-de-gook]

Tables used here are:  record (442 rows), program (137549 rows), channel
(821 rows) and recordmatch (2459 rows).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (2.9°C)