[mythtv-users] Mirroring root partition on SSD to a hard drive -- bad idea?

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 03:36:13 UTC 2016

>It'll take me a day or so to mull over all that should be done, cobble up a script that looks solid, and give it a try when the next multi-hour window of system inactivity opens
Before you do that... take a look at rsnapshot.org  It may save you a lot of time.
If you have nice friends, take a look at crashplan.  You can use their backup software for free to backup to a friends computer (your files are encrypted on your friends computer so they can't read anything).  Or, you could use crashplan to backup to another folder on your computer which happens to be on your secondary disk (also free).
If you want to spend a small monthly fee you can also backup to their cloud (how they make their money).

Craig