[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 13 20:26:03 UTC 2016

On 01/13/2016 02:30 PM, Jonatan Lindblad wrote:
> Den 2016-01-13 kl. 14:24, skrev Per Jessen:
>> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>>> Usually if the scheduler isn't scheduling properly, it means there's a
>>> problem with one or more of your (almost definitely custom) recording
>>> rules--usually resulting in a SQL issue.  If you have any custom
>>> rules, you may want to write down the details (so you could recreate
>>> them) and then delete them and see if things work properly.  If so,
>>> start adding them back one by one until you find the culprit.
>> I have 77 custom rules, most from October 2015 or older - only two new
>> ones:
>>
>> program.title like '%Walking%dead%'
>> program.title like '%Endeavour%'
>>
>> I did have a double for #1, but deleting it didn't do much.
>>
>> Can I unload/reloead table 'record' or will that screw up things?
>> I have some 440 rules, I'd hate to try to recreate those :-(
> 440 rules sounds like it could use an awful lot of memory so make sure
> you have enough temporary disk space.
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2011-December/325302.html

Great suggestion.  Those 2 new rules look fine, so it may well be
something else (such as MySQL memory/connection issues).  (Look also at
whether your MySQL is configured to allow sufficient connections--this
has been an issue in the past, and can result in symptoms like you
describe, where everything appears to work, but the scheduling doesn't
and/or doesn't reliably.)

As far as playing around with the tables, make sure you 1) stop all
MythTV processes, 2) back up your database (
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ), and 3)
restart the master backend (then any other processes you want/need for
testing) before (each attempt at) doing so, and be willing to live with
the consequences if something goes awry.  I can tell you that things
will break if you mess with the table while MythTV is running, but I
can't/won't tell you things will not break if you shut down MythTV
before messing with the table.

Mike