[mythtv-users] Recording from STB that requests channel access pins

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 19:33:35 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Martin Bene <Martin.Bene at icomedias.com> wrote:
> .... many users asked how to permanently disable these
> since there are no kids in their household - answer by the
> provider is allways the same: not possible, a visitor might
> bring a kid so pin is allways required.

On at least some of the Humax models there was
a configuration regarding the maturity level that
set the PIN requirement (with a "View All"? meaning
no PIN).  Some providers may have disabled the
ability for their customers to set the parental
control maturity rating (which means, I guess,
it is only "not possible" due to their decisions
to make it "not possible").