[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jan 12 20:18:31 UTC 2016

On 01/05/2016 07:35 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
> I have a working mythtv setup with one frontend and two backends, it's
> been running for about three years.  Recently, maybe in the last 1-2
> months, it seems to be having trouble running the scheduler. Despite
> adding or deleting recording rules, nothing happens.  When this
> happens, I have tried kicking it
> with "/usr/bin/mythbackend --resched" - no change.  Instead, a restart
> usually gets it going again.
>
> Judging by the logs, in November 2015, I see an average of 373
> reschedules per day - as of Nov 30, this dropped to about 50 per day.
>
> I'm not sure, but this may coincide with my doing a rescan of all
> receivers.  I guess the lower number of regular reschedules is due to
> less frequent program schedule updates, but why would the scheduler not
> do a reschedule when I change the rules?  (or kick it).

Usually if the scheduler isn't scheduling properly, it means there's a
problem with one or more of your (almost definitely custom) recording
rules--usually resulting in a SQL issue.  If you have any custom rules,
you may want to write down the details (so you could recreate them) and
then delete them and see if things work properly.  If so, start adding
them back one by one until you find the culprit.

Mike