[mythtv-users] 0.24 PVR-350

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Mon Jan 11 21:47:08 UTC 2016

Hi Myth people

Please forgive this question about an old system. I have an 0.24 system
on Centos 6 that has a number of DVB cards and a PVR-350 that worked
well in the pre digital era, but I have never configured it on the 0.24
setup.

I wanted to capture the UHF Analog output from a Cable TV box. So I
configured the PVR-350, which is /dev/video4, as an IVTV device, mapped
the inputs and run mythtvsetup and it shows up as capture device 18.
I've manually entered a channel number and a frequency but I get errors
like:-

2016-01-09 19:23:52.619 Channel(/dev/video4) Error:
GetCurrentChannelNum(801): Failed to find Channel
2016-01-09 19:23:52.637 Channel(/dev/video4)::TuneTo(801): Error, failed
to find channel.

If I tune the PVR-350 to the right channel with v4l2-ctl and run ffplay
/dev/video4 I get the output I'd expect so the PVR-350 is working.

I must have missed some setting somewhere - but what?

Many thanks

Ken

PS: The 0.24 is the ATRPM's build. I will need to transition to
rpmfusion, but the 0.24 I've got is pretty stable

believed to be clean.