[mythtv-users] Testing latest Mythv

Bjoern Voigt bjoernv at arcor.de
Mon Jan 11 10:17:47 UTC 2016

Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I see more serious problems then those configuration files. That you
> can solve by using different users. But they for instance both will
> claim the same http ports, so you need them to have their own
> ip-address.
I only want to run one instance of MythFrontend/MythBackend 0.27 or 0.28 at the same time.

> Also I do not know if you can run multiple instances of
> mysql/mariadb!
Yes, this is possible, but not necessary here, even with two running MythBackends, because you can use two different databases. With two instances of MySQL/MariaDB you can separate the user management and other things.

> A few month ago there was a thread if remember correctly running
> multiple frontends for different version backends!
This would be interesting.

I will probably also run into problems, if I share the same directories for videos and recordings, e.g. because the other frontend doesn't know the meta-data of my recordings.

Greetings,
Björn