[mythtv-users] VDPAU artifacts

Adam Stylinski kungfujesus06 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 19:42:06 UTC 2016

Am I the only one seeing this?

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12532

This is occurring on 358.16 Nvidia drivers as well.  I found a post as old
as 2011 referring to this issue specifically with h264 encoded videos and
VDPAU but his resolution was to generate seektables.  I don't believe
that's an option for videos in your mythvideos library.

Also I don't presently have this issue with Nvidia drivers 352.30 with
mythtv revision ad97d2435230a5a47837af4a504e6bc9ddd11c9f.  Hard to say if
it's a mythtv regression or nvidia bug, but other VDPAU accelerated players
don't have any issues when seeking video.