[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 09:13:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-01-08 at 05:05 +0000, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 7:52 AM Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 1:06 PM Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> >>  Hi Lawrence,
> >>
> >> Thanks for your work on this, and thanks for rebasing to keep all your
> >> stuff after the other commits, it's making it a lot easier to create a
> >> patch to apply to the builds (which I'm just doing by running)
> >>
> >> git format-patch bea7056a9672dc4435cdbc502f4d012660bc4b4b..HEAD --stdout
> >>
> >> New build is building right now at
> >> https://launchpad.net/~mythbuntu/+archive/ubuntu/stagingpatches/+build/8397888
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas Mashos
> >>

> > Just a quick update, I was able to build fine it appears but I'm having
> > trouble running this on Ubuntu Mate for the Pi2 in both xcb and eglfs
> > modes. xcb mode just hangs after mythfrontend prints 'QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb"
> > while eglfs mode throws the following error.
> >
> > 2015-12-07 07:50:03.414068 I  Binding to UDP 192.168.0.255:6948
> > EGL Error : Could not create the egl surface: error = 0x300b
> >
> > 2015-12-07 07:50:03.734615 I  Using Frameless Window
> > 2015-12-07 07:50:03.734649 I  Using Full Screen Window
> > Handling Aborted
> > ./launch.sh: line 3:  3346 Aborted                 (core dumped)
> > QT_QPA_EGLFS_FORCE888=1 QT_QPA_PLATFORM=eglfs
> > QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/plugins/platforms
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib /usr/bin/mythfrontend.real
> >

> > I also tried the egl test in pi3d, which failed with
> >
> > For ref
> >   EGL_FALSE=0x0000
> >   EGL_BAD_DISPLAY=0x3008
> >   EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE=0x3004
> >   EGL_NOT_INITIALIZED=0x3001
> >   EGL_BAD_PARAMETER=0x300C
> >   EGL_WINDOW_BIT=0x0004
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "test_egl.py", line 60, in <module>
> >     d3dcompiler = ctypes.WinDLL(os.path.join(path, "d3dcompiler_47.dll"))
> > AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'WinDLL'
> >

> > So obviously EGLFS isn't working/installed right, but I'm not sure why the
> > xcb mode just appears to hang.
> >

> > --
> > Thomas Mashos
> >

> Lawrence,
>
> After the merge to upstream master, I'm having difficulty building again.
> Any idea what is going on here
> https://launchpadlibrarian.net/233401745/buildlog_ubuntu-wily-armhf.mythtv_2%3A0.28.0~master.20160107.ff03753-0ubuntu5_BUILDING.txt.gz

This commit:
c5352a3 TV: OpenMAX compatibility with the Bellagio library implementation

made it possible to detect & support OpenMAX headers & libs from
providers other than Broadcom.  An important change was to remove the
'IL/' prefix from the OpenMAX headers.  Your configure line already
includes:

--extra-cflags="-I/opt/vc/include/IL" --extra-cxxflags="-I/opt/vc/include/IL"

so you just need to add the path to Broadcom's bcm_host.h:

--extra-cflags="-I/opt/vc/include" --extra-cxxflags="-I/opt/vc/include"

--
Lawrence Rust