[mythtv-users] Frontend for Apple TV 4

Scot Kreienkamp skreien at wcnet.org
Thu Jan 7 20:52:30 UTC 2016

The killer features for me would be live tv and the guide.  I only have two
cable boxes in the house. Some TV's don't get used much because they don't
have a cable box.  Too expensive to hook them all up at $10-12 apiece when
they aren't used daily.  But if I could hook both cable boxes up to MythTV
and use the AppleTV app to get live TV at all the TV's in the house, even
at $150 apiece it wouldn't take long for an AppleTV to pay for itself.

Incidentally, I transcode everything and drop it into iTunes, so I wouldn't
really use any of the other features.