[mythtv-users] Remote Suggestions

faginbagin mythtv at hbuus.com
Tue Jan 5 20:07:04 UTC 2016

On 1/4/2016 12:48 PM, Robert Dege wrote:
> I recently built a mythfrontend system using mythbuntu.  I'm looking to purchase a remote that will allow me to control the TV (volume, power, inputs), and mythtv.  Can anyone suggest a cost-effective remote that can work with 3rd party receivers?
>
> Also, I currently own an Ortek VRC-1100, and I have the Intel 7260HMW which comes with Bluetooth.  Can either of those be used as a receiver, or do I need to purchase a separate receiver?  If no, any suggestions for a receiver?
>
> -Robert

I like my Sony RM-VLZ620. Picked up a couple from Amazon for $12 over Christmas. I see they're back up to $20. Strength is great, due to 3 leds. Works with my Ortek VRC-1100 as well as the re-branded Adesso ARC-1100. The remote is a few years old, so I was pleasantly surprised that I could use a pre-programmed code for the Samsung Smart TV we got this Christmas.

HTH,
Helen