[mythtv-users] scheduler doesn't run ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Tue Jan 5 12:35:59 UTC 2016

I have a working mythtv setup with one frontend and two backends, it's
been running for about three years.  Recently, maybe in the last 1-2
months, it seems to be having trouble running the scheduler. Despite
adding or deleting recording rules, nothing happens.  When this
happens, I have tried kicking it
with "/usr/bin/mythbackend --resched" - no change.  Instead, a restart
usually gets it going again.

Judging by the logs, in November 2015, I see an average of 373
reschedules per day - as of Nov 30, this dropped to about 50 per day.

I'm not sure, but this may coincide with my doing a rescan of all
receivers.  I guess the lower number of regular reschedules is due to
less frequent program schedule updates, but why would the scheduler not
do a reschedule when I change the rules?  (or kick it).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (7.7°C)