[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Tue Jan 5 00:26:58 UTC 2016

On 05/01/16 09:55, Kingsley Turner wrote:
> On 05/01/16 01:55, Lawrence Rust wrote:
>> BTW I have created a new RPi branch with the promised database
>> optimisations.  Timing the startup latency shows a significant reduction
>> from ~16 secs to ~5 seconds.  The RPi is using 802.11n WiFi and the
>> BE/MySQL server is on Gigabit Ethernet.  It would be interesting to know
>> if this alleviates your slow video gallery startup time.
>>
>> To checkout the code follow the instructions here
>> http://www.softsystem.co.uk/download/mythtv/mythtv_for_rpi.txt
>>
>> but substitute the branch name 'fixes-0.27-rpi2-dbase'
>

> This looks identical.  The 1 second could just be me getting better at the
> stop-watch app.
> I wonder if the build, didn't.

I'm wondering if I did this correctly - I don't have much (any) experience
with git.

# git checkout -b fixes-0.27-rpi2-dbase softsystem/fixes-0.27-rpi2-dbase
#
PATH="$PWD/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian/bin:$PATH"
# export RASPBIAN_FLAVOUR=jessie
# ./mythbuild.sh -2 -Q 5.4.0 -E
# scp -Cr mythinstall pi at raspberrypi:mythtv-rpi

Does that look OK?

-kt