[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Mon Jan 4 20:30:06 UTC 2016

On 05/01/16 01:26, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> On 01/03/2016 09:45 PM, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>> I found that when I jumped forward/back during playback of a recorded
>> stream (MPEG2 video); even during video editing/clipping - sometimes I
>> got a black screen for a second or so.
>>

>> >From my memory, the license arrived very quickly after ordering.
>>
>> I have always used the license and jumping back and forward is very
>> quick, so maybe you should try again with the license.

I received my "MPEG2" licence overnight.
Does this do anything for H.264 playback by the way?  Some things I've read
are conflicting.

So I installed the licence, set the decoder to "OpenMAX" and added a rule IF
(<rez> > 0x0) -> HW Scaling.

In terms of playback of MPEG2 recordings (AFAIK all terrestrial TV in
Australia), it's flawless.  Same as watching it on the BE+FE box.

The blank screen on jumping forwards & backwards (sometimes during editing
too)... this still happens.

The screen is definitely going out of sync.  I know this because (a) it's
screen-off black, and (b) the monitor's [HDMI Input] banner came up one of
the times.  I am using an old monitor (24" NEC) which was a quality monitor
when it was new.  Furthermore this monitor exhibited no problems like this
before.  But it Could Just Be Me.

Some other stuff I noticed just now:

If I playback "Big Buck Bunny" 4K 60fps version, I get an error "(X) Unable
to read first 2048 bytes".  (The playback of this on my BE+FE is jerky, and
unwatchable, but it does play.  FWIW: can anyone playback 4k content on any
hardware?)

When I play a letterboxed (top & bottom) video, the theme background does
not get cleared away.

cheers,
-kt