[mythtv-users] MythTV Raspberry Pi2 frontend testers

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Fri Jan 1 22:21:22 UTC 2016

On 02/01/16 06:17, Lawrence Rust wrote:
> On Fri, 2016-01-01 at 18:39 +1100, Kingsley Turner wrote:
>> However the #1 problem was browsing the "videos" section.
>> There's about 12 directories in my upper-level video tree, but it took the
>> RPi about 40 seconds to bring up the nav-panel.
>> If I went into a subdirectory of this (which has ~317 folders) it took
>> around 2 minutes to come back.
>>
>> What exactly is going on during this browse?
> The slowness that you are seeing is, I believe, due to multiple remote
> MySQL queries which appear to be very slow on the RPi.  I have some
> patches that alleviate the problem by caching some dbase operations but
> they're quite substantial changes so I don't want to push them until
> after 0.28 is done & dusted.  I could add them to my fixes-0.27-rpi2
> branch if you wanted to try them?

Sounds good, just let me know how to apply the patches ;)

That was a question I had actually - I built 0.27 for the RPi, but only
because my BE is 0.27.
Can a version 0.28 FE talk to a 0.27 BE ?

Does RPi mythFE use those MPEG/VP1 hardware decoding licences at all?
I'm quite happy to pay for licensing, but if the licence or hardware isn't
used, there's no point.

-kt