[mythtv-users] Intel Graphics No Signal when TV Turned On Over HDMI

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 19:12:44 UTC 2016

On 16-02-29 12:02 PM, Daniel Frey wrote:
> I have been fighting this for a few weeks, but I can't seem to get Xorg to
> wake up when the TV gets turned back on.  This box is an ECS Liva X2 (Intel
> Braswell architecture) running the first beta of Mythbuntu 16.04.  I fought
> with this on Xubuntu 15.10 as well.
>
> Basically, after you turn off the tv and then attempt to turn the TV back
> on, you get a black screen and, on my tv, a floating box indicating No
> Signal.  The only way to get it back on is to ssh in and restart lightdm.
> I tried some scripts that force xrandr to continually, poll, but that
> didn't help either.

I have a family member who experienced a similar problem with an Intel
Core i5-4430 CPU with HD 4600 graphics and an older Sharp 46" TV.

To work around the problem she had to turn off the TV, wait to hear a
"click" sound indicating the TV had completely powered down.  Next she
could press the enter key to have MythTV change screens and then turn
the TV on and it would work correctly.

You might try this or a different combination to see if this would work
for your situation.

Curtis