[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi works! Thanks Lawrence

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 29 19:10:26 UTC 2016

On 02/29/2016 01:20 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
> What issues did they have with Kodi? I've been thinking about doing a
> frontend theme for Kodi since theme wise it's more capable than
> mythfrontend.
My issues with Kodi:

1. Numeric keypad does not work for channel selection. This is only
important to me because I have a remote that simulates the numeric
keypad. I submitted a bug log and a patch for this but last time I
checked they had not taken it into the code base.

2. Skip forward and skip back cause audio / video out of sync for mpeg
TS files (i.e. For mythtv recordings). Even without forward / back skip
the audio sync is not perfect on those files. Using a mythtv custom job
to convert the recordings to mkv files without transcoding solves the
problem but does not help for live TV or for watching while still
recording. There is a bug log in Kodi for this.

Peter