[mythtv-users] "Disabling Audio" message on video playback start since last (mythbuntu) update

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Sun Feb 28 21:16:15 UTC 2016

Hi-ya,

I updated the Myth box the other day - first time in months.  Mainly only to
pickup the latest security patches.

It's a Mythbuntu installation (myth 0.27).

Anyway, now that I have pulled in a bunch of updates, every second or third
time we play a video, the big red "X" with the message "Disabling Audio"
comes up when starting, and there's no sound at all.

Has there been any updates recently that might have caused this?

Hmm, I guess I better run with verbose logging and hope to catch it out.

thanks,
-kt