[mythtv-users] How to properly remove "recorded" shows from MythTV db remotely from a Windows PC?

Jason Bilbrey jason at bilbrey.me
Sun Feb 28 19:06:38 UTC 2016

I have scripts in place that automatically copy TV shows off my of
MythBuntu box so that I can watch them later. When I copy the show off, the
script flags the show as watched so that MythTV knows it can automatically
clean it up and never records it again.

Sometimes though I find a bad recording and I want to be able to remove
that show from the MythTV database so that the next time it sees that show
it will record it again.

I found the Perl scripts that can be ran on the MythBuntu box itself, but I
want to do this remotely from my windows PC instead, using maybe some SQL
commands to remove entries from the database so that MythTV will re-record
that show.

Has anyone done this before and if so, can you point me in the right
direction or to some code someone has already created?