[mythtv-users] satellite positioners

Andrew andrew.allison at teksavvy.com
Sat Feb 27 18:10:56 UTC 2016

Hello:

	I am trying to set up mythtv with a C / Ku band satellite
system. So my questions to any MOTORIZED satellite users is:

	What type of equipment are people using?

	Are you using a VBox or USALS?

	Does mythtv even support VBox?

	If so, why are latitude and longitude and Hi/ Low motor speeds
needed in the setup?

	Is myth using some sort of hybrid model of lat long calculation
to translate positions?

	If so, why?

	Currently when I am using mythtv-setup channel scans start way
too early. Worst case scenario for dish rotation is 45 seconds for a 55
degree rotation.

	Any experience or feed back is welcome (well really needed)
I'll even accept Nope, won't work. Your on your own :-)

	Andrew

	Thanks in advance for your help and or feed back.

My equipment:
SkyStar HD2 pci card
VBox7 controller
6 foot dish (really need an 8 foot)